Excellent month in January on the goals, but one of the most emotionally draining!
Review of my goals for last month:
Journal twice a day: HALFWAY I missed about 2 days but every day I had much on my mind so I poured out every night. I had a heavy heart when I went to bed and it felt so good to release onto paper. I also have become obsessed with the Bullet Journal community that I was also making quote inspired spreads. Two days of not journaling – not bad. Journaling helped me not only stick with my goals but to adjust them so I could fit them in.
Track meals’ nutrition: DONE! I keep a food log in my journal – some days I would move it to SparkPeople’s mobile food tracker. I would like to find a better tracker. I used to use FitBit but I gave my tracker to my mom. Today she told me she lost it. (“THANKS MAMI!”) Let me know if you are using a tracker that you like on your smartphone. I know their are a bajillion. Most of my friends like FitnessPal. It is always nice to have friends to keep me accountable.
Post 3 times a week: NOPE. I experienced personal grief for a cultural icon halfway through the month – then complete shock as my best friend’s son passed away. I cried for about two days and it was the first week of school. I had mentioned earlier that I have tried to batch post on the weekends but there was much to do with a memorial. It was hard for me to write just for the blog, but I decided to fall back on making writing for 30 minutes a day to be a goal then pull that writing on the blog.
30/30 hula hoop challenge: DONE! I made hula hooping a part of my daily affirmations in the morning instead of listening to music. I did not post a single video/image to my instagram. I like my account to look polished as possible so I created a 2nd account for challenges but I am already managing 3 different instagram accounts. I decided to set a day aside for each of my accounts so I can plan. There is not a tool that posts directly to instagram AND posts hashtags so this is sticky for me. Either way, I hooped 30 minutes a day.
January Yoga Challenge: Nope. Completely dropped the ball on this.
Now I do have goals for February!
1. Write 30 minutes a day: I learned how to use DeskPM. I will be pulling from blog ideas I have free written and use those as prompts. I am also using prompts from Blogher. I currently have pending posts that require polishing.
2. #BeFit workouts: These are quick 10 minute work outs that I am joining in with #SweatPink. So far they have been intense so I make sure to warm up by jogging or marching in place, then do a 10 minute cool down and stretching. I will be posting a review of these work outs and several other products later on this month. There will be a giveaway so WATCH THIS SPACE!
3. #RockYourHandWriting, #PlanWithMeChallenge, #FMSPhotography: These are Instagram challenge that I am excited about. I enjoy writing creatively. The reason I have kept a journal since I was 9 years old is because my mom said my handwriting looked like “spiders dancing” so she gave me a pink plastic cover journal so I could practice. Lettering is my favorite hobby now. I even pulled out my watercolors so I can start to use them for quotes. Not to mention I spent 3 hours with my planner getting ready for February. Then I wanted to a popular photo challenge. I am lumping these together because they fall under a similar group but are different. I find it even more challenging to create an image that all of the challenges could be in.
4. Infinite Circles Challenge: I am doing this in the Infinite Circles Community Facebook page. I rarely EVER post videos of myself hula hooping so this one is for Facebook. I made a fun spread. I hope I win a polypro hoop from Raye of Rainn!
5. Virtual Assistant Website: I bought a domain so I can start working on other virtual assistant projects. I have several clients currently but not enough work to save for some goals I have this summer. I have several mentors who have motivated me to creative a website so I can showcase what I can do. Exciting, that will be completed by the end of the month. I have over a decade of executive level administrative support with a focus on accounting. Virtual assistant freelance work is perfect for me since I’m always on the go but never far from WiFi.
Did you accomplished your goals from January? Have you ever used the Bullet Journal method before? What are your plans for February?
I did not have New Year Resolutions because as they stay the same old: lose weight, be healthy, don’t get in fist fights, don’t mess up everything. I do monthly goals. Now to review my goals for January.
Journal twice a day: Killing it! I did a twitter chat with BlogHerU about time management and found out ways to organize my day. I found out about bullet journal. I did not buy a new pricey journal or even a new crappy journal. I just started use my Chinese pug journal with some new tips. My favorite part is creating new spreads and lists as I need to. This is helping me to check off m daily tasks I need to complete without limiting my space. Some days take one page – some days take 5 pages. Also I have been using my colored pens to draw which is perfect for my creative personality. This video of a bullet journal flip through from Boho Berry has changed how I will journal forever! I know it will take some practice before my lettering and doodling improves. I got an awesome e-mail from Moxie Girls and decided to take the major points to create this motivational page:
Track meals’ nutrition: I had a rough start with this because I was trying to use apps. After I got my bullet journal method set up, I decided to log my food there so I can see what I am doing. Apparently I am a fan of 2nd dinner! This past week I have been having one dinner then a snack. This should help my budget as well. However, I very much enjoy these fine Dallas restaurants!
Post 3 times a week: I SMASHED it in week one but last Monday I had a major heartbreak to find out my creative inspiration had passed away. Last Monday I completely stayed of the internet because I knew that it would be too much for me on a personal level. So that was last week – this is a new week. I also decided to do more batch writing and scheduling since there are going to be entire WEEKS where I am just not able to do with life in general.
Bright side of the heartache, I decided to quit trying to be normal part 10. I always go through stages where I think I can suppress my creative needs and my desire to just be the weirdo I am. I don’t have a lot time here so I ended up getting purple hair.
30/30 hula hoop challenge: I am fully hooping 30 minutes a day every day! I am however NOT posting it on my Instagram account. I recently created a new account just for challenges so I don’t have any stress on if a pictures/video looks perfect. That account is completely for me to grow in whatever challenge I am working on.
January Yoga Challenge: Yeah, I completely did NONE of this. I had planned on doing yoga before bed but really after 8 pm I am still running around or completely wiped out that I don’t feel like doing yoga. I am just better in the morning.
I am glad that I decided to check in to see where I am at half way through the month so I can make adjustments to review my goals. There are none that I want to quit, just moving some things around such as doing yoga in the morning after hooping. Still not sure if I can do BOTH in one day.
Let me know if you are keeping up with you goals/resolutions. Are you making adjustments? Have you decided to quit?