Reviewing photos from a birthday party yesterday at Flag Pole Hill and still seeing pictures from another birthday party at Trinity Park so I’ve decided I really love parks for birthdays. Of course I’ve always been a fan of park parties, I have hosted many since I was 5 years old and it’s the best place to play and accidentally spill a beverage because we are OUTSIDE!
On the 22nd my friend Uhm, had his birthday party there and it was a terrible start to the day. I drove out there bummed but since I was with my mom I couldn’t be too dramatic as she’s very sensitive to my eye rolling and huffing. Already I was disappointed because I didn’t have the time, energy or know how to make this tetrizini. There were like 10 ingredients! Mom came to the rescue and I made a turkey chill. She made her awesome salsa that is blessed by the spicy, flavor filled gods. It will change your life.
So aside from getting food ready and checking my this-weather-needs-to-go-away attitude this is a check list for what YOU need to have to enjoy park celebrations.
1. Bring a trash bag: You are going to get something dirty but still need to take it home. Dirty cup, dirty spoon, your bow feel off and into mud, just bring one to take home to clean. Also at larger parks, it could be there is NO room in ANY of the trash containers. Sometimes I’ll bring a trash bag just for my dog’s droppings. Everyone appreciates a dog droppings free zone.
2. Bring something to play with: Hula hoops, poi, staff, other skill toys, kites, bubbles, you have ALL THIS ROOM TO PLAY so it’s a great time to make big movement and really grind your fun. I also have seen folks bring games, side walk chalk or face paints. I have a silly personality and enjoy taking pictures so I’ll set up a funny concept or play the selfie game. I’ll play in decorations if the set up is correct.
3. Snack and drink: If you party longer than an hour you are going to need to refuel on water and a light snack. I am a major fan of apples & trail mix. I also bring a gallon of water, I’ll leave it in my car but depending where the park is I use a picnic backpack or my picnic case to bring along napkins, cups, plates to share because others bring food and I really hate to create a bunch of trash. If this is a birthday party then off course bring something to share.
4. Say hello to everyone and make new friends: Perfect time to meet new people and connect with others. This is a great way to incorporate those toys or games you brought. Don’t worry if you are not someone’s cup of tea because surely you are someone’s shot of whiskey! Here are tips for socially awkward folks to review if someone doesn’t want to talk to them.
5. Clean up after yourself (also known as Leave no trace)! I can’t stand seeing a party that is trashed because if a place is repeatedly torn up from the floor up that venue could end up no longer allowing events to occur there. It is also not fair to make others clean up after you and will lead to you being UNINVITED to future gathering. It’s gross and unsanitary to be partying in trash. Gross.
I’m looking forward to more gathering in parks and hope that others can make sure to have a good & safe time.
I had a day with my mom yesterday and I told her how excited I was about this upcoming park party season. She knows that I live off the worn path of mainstream society (well 80% of the time) so she asked, “What weird thing you going to do?” CELEBRATE MY FAVORITE SIGN’S BIRTHDAY – DUH! Uhm and Jamie Ray are the most awesome folks I have gotten to know while living in the DFW area and I’m excited there will be an outdoor park party to have a slew of fun at. Trinity Park is also one of my favorite parks in Fort Worth and it’s been 3 years since the Atrium Obscurum crew has host a day of family fun, pot luck style food and – of course – the wonderful music. And it’s free! I totally suggest brining your own picnic set up to prevent leaving a big ass mess as well as making sure you have clean plates, eat wear and a cup to drink from.
I’ve been practicing and reviewing chicken tetrazzini recipes to use. Of course I have a fascination with this after a former colleague brought some to the office for a spread and it wasn’t that some “chuck potluck slop.” Plus, I like knowing that my man would never leave me bc MY chicken tetrazzini is the best. Then again if another woman can take MY man away with her food then I guess he was never mind to begin with. *tear drop*
Come and join us for another blissful day at the Trinity Park Shelter house for music, dancing, yummy food and to celebrate Brian Uhm’s 39th birthday, and Jamie Sunray’s 40th birthday! We are both owning our age. With age comes wisdom 😀
Location: Trinity Park Shelter House
The shelter house is facing W.7th st. You can park on the side street of the park where Chuys is.
Bring a dish to share 🙂 Tables will be set up in the shelter house. Electricity is available for those who bring a crock pot or etc.
Kiddos welcomed, as always. We will have a few games set up for the kids to play. Don’t forget to bring a cardboard box for them to slide down the big grass hill on!
DUBtilDAWN (Atrium Obscurum) DFW
SunRay (Independent) DFW Birthday girl!!
Nivlem ( FYB & PineAliens) ATX
Klapton (Atrium Obscurum) DFW
Herbert Quain (Absolute Shit) ATX
Uhm (Atrium Obscurum) FTW Birthday boy!!!
Come and join us for the Atrium Obscurum Legends Of the Fall park party and community gathering! The intention of this day time fall festival is for our community to come together to play,dance, hula hoop, play games, and participate in some of the workshops and potluck that will be given.
11am – 12pm VuDuJuJu Atrium Obscurum- Fort Worth
12pm – 1pm Apophenia Atrium Obscurum– Denton
1pm – 2pm RoBoJoe
2pm – 3pm Aeon Atrium Obscurum – Dallas
3pm – 4pm Uhm Atrium Obscurum, Anomalistic records – Fort Worth
Cryptosys 4pm – 5pm
5pm – 6pm nivleM FYB / Pinealiens Austin TX
6pm – 7pm SoundShaman Austin, TX
7pm – 8pm Twin Shape Funk Lab Records – Live PA
8pm – 9pm J-5 Atrium Obscurum- Dallas
Portal Hooping and Hoop Jam lead by Sarah Lee
Acro, Aerial, and Thai Partner Yoga with Rich and lisa Ware
Belly Dance Movement with Anwen Rhosyn
Bounce House for Kids
Bean Bag Toss
Mini Pumpkin Painting
***Remember this is a potluck so please feel free to bring something to offer to the spread of food***